Keto Cranberry Sauce with A Kick
It can be a challenge sometimes, especially around the holidays, to find healthy Keto-friendly versions of many of our favorite dishes.
Well, we asked our fans what were some of the essentials they had to have and the response was fantastic!
So we took several of them and set about finding ways to Keto-fi them.
This one here has been in our recipe go-to playbook since our first Keto Holiday, and it’s AMAZING!
Now the spicy kick in this tasty cranberry sauce is entirely optional, so feel free to omit the heat if that’s not your thing.
Coming in at a paltry 1.3g net carbs per 1oz serving, this is a very Keto friendly version of your favorite holiday Cranberry sauce! Enjoy and let us know in the comments what you think, or what some of your favorite holiday must haves are!
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- teeny tiny itty bitty PINCH of ground cloves
- equally itty bitty teeny tiny pinch of nutmeg
- juice and zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup swerve ( or other sweetener)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 small pepper ( I prefer habanero)
- The pepper is entirely optional and up to your taste!
This makes approx 2 cups in total (32 oz)
Serving size is 2 tbsp.
Net carbs are 1.3g per serving!
Rinse the berries, and combine in saucepan with everything else, cook on medium heat until you hear the berries “pop”.
Remove from heat, mash up the berries in the pan, return to a LOW heat and cook until desired thickness is reached.