Keto Zuppa Toscana
This low-carb copycat recipe is sure to bring warmth and comfort to you this cold weather season! With flavors like this, it is hard to remember that you’re eating healthy food!
BONUS! It’s super easy to make! You can throw everything in the crock-pot, and you’re good to go!
There are no obscure or specialty ingredients either, which makes this a very budget-friendly option.
We often do a triple batch of this soup (In a giant pot vs. a Crock-Pot.) It freezes well for nights where you just don’t have time to slave over the stove.
Just imagine your future self one night after running around with all of your holiday errands on top of ALL the other stuff you already do. The thought of cooking dinner is exasperating! But then you remember! DANG! I’m awesome, I have soup in the freezer! ?
- 1 lb mild or hot ground Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 36 oz chicken broth or stock
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 large head cauliflower, diced into florets
- 2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- white pepper to taste (optional)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Brown the ground sausage in a skillet on medium until cooked through.
- Place the cooked ground sausage in your crock-pot.
- In the same skillet that you browned your sausage in, add oil. Once oil is hot, add onions and saute until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add onions to the crock-pot, as well as the remaining ingredients, except the heavy cream.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Add heavy cream and mix.
Have you made this? Are you going to? Let us know what you think in the comments!
- Servings: 10
The following are per serving:
- Calories: 286
- Total Carbs: 11g
- NET CARBS: 7g
- Fat: 21g
- Protein: 15g